Infrastructure EngineerKnowing more?
To support our numerous development teams designing, building and deploying the various services that our customers love, we need a solid infrastructure. This infrastructure runs in various data centres in the Netherlands and Germany, and provides various types of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions for our internal teams. From bare metal servers to container platforms. From iSCSI LUNs, to object storage. Even fully managed databases are part of our portfolio. Our tech stack contains Linux (mostly Ubuntu, but also some Debian and CentOS), VMware, Kubernetes, Zabbix, Ceph, Netapp, F5 BigIP, various Atlassian products, Graylog, Grafana, Dell Poweredge servers, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet and a wide range of other Open-Source Software. We maintain about 700 bare metal servers and around 500 VMs.
You will be working in an international team, currently based in the Netherlands (Almere) and Spain (Malaga). You do a lot of team work online, but you also shouldn’t mind to occasionally travel to any of our locations, as we believe a team can work better when we can also occasionally spend some personal time together. Together with your colleagues you are responsible for designing, building and operating the infrastructure and helping out colleagues with any infrastructure related matters. Most of our work comes in the form of projects that either come from stakeholders, or we define ourselves, and we cut up in smaller stories for our Kanban board. In addition, we also receive questions, changes and incidents via our ticketing system or our monitoring system and we share an on-call rotation within the team to make sure our infrastructure stays up and running 24×7.
What you’ll do:
- Building, operating and maintaining the various infrastructure services and platforms we provide;
- Providing support to various internal teams using our infrastructure;
- Provisioning infrastructure for our internal customers;
- Automating everything… well, as much as you can, so we can spend time on the cool things;
- Be part of an on-call rotation to fix those corner-cases which we didn’t foresee;
- Performing capacity planning and extending capacity of existing infrastructure;
- Monitoring performance and uptime of our internal services on 24×7 basis;
- Testing redundancy and backups of our infrastructure services.
What you’ll bring:
- Have experience with designing, building and operating IT infrastructure that runs production systems with high uptime and performance requirements;
- Being somewhat of a Linux guru;
- Experience with VMware vSphere and preferably Veeam;
- Experience with some of the tools in our technology stack, or tools that can be used for similar tasks;
- Experience with at least one scripting/programming language (we use Bash, Python and some PHP, but any similar language will do, as long as you’re open to learn);
- You really enjoy open-source software and are able to learn about new software you haven’t used before relatively quickly;
- You can work together with people from numerous different backgrounds, located in different countries, who have different ways of working;
- Feel comfortable working in a self-steering environment where you are expected to make your own decisions driving the company’s purpose;
- Like working in a team, sharing knowledge, learning from others, and together work towards our common goal, but also feel comfortable working on individual task and projects;
- Are communicative enough to talk to team members as well as members from other teams about our infrastructure;
- Like to work hard and play hard.
What we offer:
Great challenges making our products more suitable for international presence. We believe in working hard and rewarding effort. We also take a creative approach to relaxation, organizing a wide range of surprising and fun activities for our employees to enjoy. We enjoy an informal, no-nonsense culture with plenty of room for creativity and personal growth. This is a fulltime position within a truly international company, offering a good remuneration depending on your knowledge and experience.
Did the above sent shivers down your spine? Don’t hesitate and hit the ‘apply now’ button. For more info, you can call Esther Crena Uiterwijk on +31(0)616285749 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org