Voice EngineerKnowing more?
Voiceworks is your partner in entrepreneurship. Since our start in 2005, we have grown into an important party in the ICT- and Telecommunication market for SME. With the innovative technology we almost entirely develop in-house, we enable our partners to set the tone in their market.
Voiceworks became part of the European Unified Communications group Enreach in 2018. Together we are on a mission to make “meaningful human contact” possible. Together, because all companies within the group contribute to intelligent and integrated contact solutions for the corporate market. Within Voiceworks, we focus on the Dutch market.
And within Voiceworks? Well, you are the one to set the tone! We will give you all the space you need to do so. For example, we are working following Holacracy: a self-steering organizational model without hierarchy and with a lot of employee responsibility. This model gives you freedom to steer your own career and to contribute by utilizing your biggest strengths.
Entrepreneurship is part of our DNA. Is it part of yours?
To expand our team in Almere, we are currently on the lookout for a
Start date: as soon as possible
Availability: fulltime (32-40 hours a week)
As member of this team, your main priority will be to ensure our innovative voice platform remains solid and scalable. The platform is built in-house and is designed to be highly flexible and enriched with innovative features. You will continuously provide input to our Product Managers to further develop the platform. Furthermore, you will be co-responsible for implementing and executing the yearly plans related to the Voice platform. Your ideas and technical knowledge will be an important contribution in the ongoing development of the Voice platform as important part of our business.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for managing and maintaining our voice platforms. This includes monitoring, back-up, upgrades, installations, routine testing and failover features;
- Second/third level support to handle complex issues and requests;
- Analyzing problems and change requests;
- Aid the further development of our core network in terms of scalability and integrating new elements;
- Projects include planning, developing and implementing new features and components;
What you bring
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- In-depth knowledge of PBX’s and VOIP;
- In-depth knowledge of protocols like SIP and SS7;
- Experience with automation, scripting, and programming (Ansible, PHP, Python, Lua, etc);
- Experience with MySQL databases;
- Experience with fault-finding and analyzing in a VOIP environment;
- Solid understanding of Voice elements roles (proxy, B2BUA, etc);
- Knowledge of open-source platforms (like Freeswitch, Asterisk, Kamailio) is desired;
- Good knowledge of Linux;
- Experience with IMS environments is an advantage;
- A good command of English;
- You have an enthusiastic and inquisitive nature. The ability to work independently, taking responsibility and being proactive;
Then it will be good to know that you will end up in an informal, no-nonsense culture with plenty of room for initiatives and personal growth. Our core values are with reason: Open, Exciting, and Beyond!
We offer a good salary. On top of that proper secondary conditions depending on the country you will be employed. Normally this would include a good pension scheme, study scheme and a travel allowance.
If you have any questions, please contact Esther Crena Uiterwijk via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone via Talent Lab: +31 367606600.