We are currently recruiting a Director Technical Operations to reinforce the Technical Operations department of the Within Reach Holding (WRH) at the Headquarters in Almere.
The Director Technical Operations will be managing the technical integration of several teams within the WRH. You will report directly to the COO. Do you speak English fluently and would you like to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Start date: As soon as possible;
Availability: 40 hours a week;
Director Technical Operations
Within Reach Group provides the most stable and innovative communication platform for the commercial market. Through our own network (with the support of several interconnected data centers) we supply professional mobile, telephony and data services using progressive ICT techniques. As a result of our flexible and professional approach, we have gained a significant market position that we intend to further expand in the coming years through the indirect sales channel.
You will work in a dynamic organization where every day is a different story. In 2017 we chose to run our organization according to the management model of Holacracy. This model is characterized by that we do not work with traditional functions, but in several roles. Departments are no longer there, because we work in circles. And from your roles, you can be part of several of these circles. This way you will be able to use your talents in multiple places!
What you will be doing
Together with the Technical Operations department you are responsible for the most stable and innovative communication platform for all Within Reach Holding partners, as well as the best network & systems infrastructure.
In this role you will be responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating deadlines with respect to the technical integration of seven (international) teams.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and coaching the teams of Technical Specialists, with the scope of dealing with internal and external cases of WRH partners and customers;
- Optimize and execute a strategy for Technical Operations that aligns with the overall strategy;
- Communicating and functioning as an intermediary between HQ and locations abroad;
- Participating and handling the set up and resolution of issues with partners and customers;
- Maintaining contact with suppliers and getting the best price/quality combination;
- Identifying training, information and equipment needs within own teams and in addition of supported stakeholders;
What you need
- Relevant education at an Academic/HBO+ level;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a line-management role is required;
- We strongly prefer candidates with post-merger/ acquisition and operational experience;
- Experience in the Telco/Network industry is a must;
- Excellent work experience with a focus on advanced technical knowledge and knowledge of Infrastructure (systems and networks);
- You are able to liaise with the technical teams as well as with stakeholders on C-level;
- Vast leadership skills: you will have to keep your stakeholders motivated, resolve conflicts and make decisions;
- Analytical skills: you are able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and make decisions that affect the projects on a regular basis;
- Fluent in English, proficient in Dutch is preferred;
What we offer
We believe in working hard and rewarding effort. We also take a creative approach to relaxation, organizing a wide range of surprising and fun activities for our employees to enjoy. We enjoy an informal, no-nonsense culture with plenty of room for creativity and personal growth. This is a fulltime position within a truly international company, offering an excellent remuneration package including good pension agreement and a company car.