The Junior Project Controller will support the Program Management Office (PMO) team. Working closely with the PMO Project Managers, Finance and Business Owners, this position will include a mix of daily tasks and project work including monthly reporting, querying, analyzing custom data sets, and assisting with external ad-hoc requests. A strong sense of team is essential as a high level of collaboration within the PMO team and with other departments is required.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support PMO team by assisting with the preparation of data sets, reports, and summaries.
- Support corporate cross-functional teams to ensure that key requirements for the integration are executed properly.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on post-merger integration as needed
- Write and work on financial models for purposes of revenue, EBITDA and cash flow forecasting and balance sheet forecasting.
- Extract management information from the available data.
- Perform and complete standard recurring reporting.
- Develop skills necessary to help with querying custom data sets to build and expand reports.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretations of internal and external data to evaluate past performance and forecast future probabilities for success.
- Provide data analytical support to help the business make informed decisions.
- Assist in the development and presentation of final project deliverables.
- Work closely with Financial departments on establishing and maintaining project accounting to monitor closely the ongoing benefits and costs of post-merger integration projects.
- Constantly collecting the business needs for steering information. Working very closely with business decision makers, understand their challenges and search for insights.
- Design, build and maintain dashboards for easy data visualization and understanding
- Develop a familiarity with departmental processes.
- Identify data inconsistencies and assist in addressing the cause.
- Assist in the analysis of departmental activities to evaluate effectiveness.
- Assist PMO team in identifying areas for improved departmental reporting and communication of results.
- Complete ad-hoc requests independently while verifying data and working with other departments.
What You Need for This Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Financial/Business Management area
- 0-1 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong Excel modeling and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Team mentality
- Ability to think critically and find solutions to questions/problems
- Effective communication (i.e., written, verbal and presentation) and experience delivering management presentations
- Proficient in Dutch and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel